In the beginning, you might find it difficult to go out networking. But the more you do it, the easier it will get. And I promise you, once you start winning contracts and closing deals you’ll be running to networking events looking for that next contract.
In this video, I’m going to share with you how to control the communication flow with new contacts in order to win more contracts.
Here’s how to control the contact flow:
- YOU get their contact information
- First follow up communication: 1-3 days after meeting them
- Second follow up communication: 3 days after first communication
- Third follow up communication: 3 days after second communication
Thinking you need a REASON to follow up?
Would you like to know how to take the awkwardness out of the follow up?
Here’s 3 reasons to follow up:
- Thank the person for connecting with you – talking to you
- Ask about their business
- Continuing conversation from first meeting
Would you like to know how to connect with Contracting Officers?
- Re-introduce your business and remind them where you met
- Share what you do
- Follow up on any information they promised to get to you
- If they maintain a database to send information to contractors – like events, bid information, etc. – request to get on that list
There you have it. Now you know how to follow up with primes, other subcontractors, and the contracting officers!
This is game changer stuff.
Make sure you add this to your marketing.