In this video, I’m sharing how you can maximize your attendance at matchmaker events. At the matchmaker events there are contracting and teaming opportunities that you should be taking advantage of, I’m talking about that too!
Here are 4 keys to mastering government matchmaker events.
- Know that it’s set-up for you, the small business owners.
- Everyone there is looking for OPPORTUNITIES.
- You need to know what you are looking for and go find it.
- Do your research on those attending the event, know what they’re looking for and their possible needs.
Find matchmaker events in your area to attend:
- They are usually industry specific so be sure to check to see which agencies will be in attendance.
- Many times they will also have a list of the prime contractors that will be participating in the matchmaker sessions.
- Once you know which agencies, you can determine which contracting officers will be in attendance as well
- Your local government representatives will also be in attendance like from the Small Business Administration, Procurement Technical Assistance Center, as well as others.
Do you homework before attending. Go with an agenda. Make sure you achieve the goals set within your agenda to make the event a success for you.