I recently recorded a video for my Contractor’s Edge Bootcamp community on searching fbo, the wealth of information, and how to use it. I got all excited because I came across contracting opportunities for a few of my clients.
I reached out and sent them the video link via email and I uploaded it to the CEB portal.
One of my clients called me about the video. They were going to reach out to the contracting officer and ask them a few questions in relation to the contract and how they planned to go after (bid) the project.
STOP! Is what I said.
- I’m so glad he’s my client.
- That he has me as a resource.
- That he CALLED ME FIRST.
Let me tell you what you can’t do. You can’t ask the contracting officer questions AFTER a project is out for bid. If it’s on fbo and out for bid the contracting officer can’t answer questions to you individually. The contracting officer has to give ALL interested vendors the same opportunity and same advantage to ALL information. That’s why they have
- Pre-Bid meetings
- Information sessions
That’s why it’s so important to know who’s your customer, the contracting officers, and your business preferences. Which makes for a great opportunity to be proactive instead of reactive.
I asked my client what questions he had and told him I’d answer them.
His thought process was all wrong. How he planned to bid. I mean the entire strategy. Nevertheless, I answered his questions. I told him:
- When to contact the contractor officer
- What for
- How to request a meeting
- What to say and what questions to ask
Then it was time for some...
NEXT LEVEL CONTRACTOR COACHING
I’m giving you the opportunity for FREE coaching as I share what I shared with my client.
Here’s what you want to do and consider as you are deciding on:
- Go / or No Go for a project. (Whether to bid the project or not.)
- Check the due date - making sure you have enough time to put together the bid package
- Check the dollar value - can you play at that level considering your current capacity to perform
- READ, READ, READ, did I say READ the solicitation, documents, and everything posted on fbo in relation to the project
- Make sure you understand and can deliver the scope of work
- How are you going to deliver the scope - with in-house people or with subcontractors, do you already have them, do you need to find them
- How will you do that
- Will your subcontractors be able to submit their bid to you in time for you to put together the bid?
- Will you need suppliers?
- Do yo u have relationships with the subcontractors already?
- Will you be able to manage the project financially
- Are you using QuickBooks or another accounting system
- Interested vendors - great opportunity for partnering or finding subcontractors
- Make sure you signed up as an interested vendor so you can receive updates on the project, new documents added, etc.
- I also suggest you going back every couple days on fbo to make sure you haven’t missed any updates on the project.
There was more shared in the conversation with my client because it was a back and forth conversation.
Although if you’re ready to start bidding make sure to create yourself a checklist.
The goal is to make sure you’re not forgetting anything or missing opportunities.
It’s your choice as to which projects to bid and which you pass on, but from my experience, it’s so much better when you have systems and checklist to make sure you don’t miss anything.
Making Major Moves Makes Millions!
P.S. Want to know what you should ACTUALLY be doing before you even decide Go / No Go on a project, and how to do it in a way that saves you a ton of time so you NEVER have to say I’ve bidded on almost 100 projects in less than a year (and haven’t won one) and makes you A LOT of money, faster than your current pace?
NEXT LEVEL CONTRACTOR
Three full months of high level support for small business contractors ready to LEVEL UP on their income and finally grow a 6 figures or more government contracting business!
Check it out: http://www.feliciastreeter.com/programs
This is for the driven small business owner that isn’t afraid to ditch what they’ve been told about how difficult it is to get a contract (because what they're doing isn’t working).
This is for the men, women, the contractor that is absolutely certain, without a doubt, that they were meant to do big things and change the game for themselves, their families and their generations to come and they refuse to quit, and they will see it through.
This is for the contractor who has the ability to deliver on what they promise. They have a product or service that the government buys.
If you’ve been hustling, grinding, and pushing your way to multiply 6 figures in your business.
If you’re committed to growing your profitable government contracting business, making more money, and doing it sooner rather than later, you need to join me in Next Level Contractor, spots are available now.
NEXT LEVEL CONTRACTOR
90 Days of high level support for small business contractors ready to LEVEL UP on their income and finally grow a 6 figures or more government contracting business!
PHASE 01 - PLAN
DRILLING DOWN WHO'S YOUR CUSTOMER
- Target Agencies – Who Are They?
- Subcontracting Opportunities
- Forecasting - Future Contracting Opportunities
PHASE 02 - PERFORM
INCREASING YOUR CAPACITY TO PERFORM
- Past Performance
- Bonding Level
- Funding and Floating Projects
- Plus Other Resources
PHASE 03 - PROFIT
WALKING DOWN CONTRACTS
- Strategic Marketing Strategy
- Finding Projects
- Building Relationship
- Teaming Arrangements
- Systems, Workflows & Technology
- 9 (30) minute private calls per month to get you on track and speeding through the process of building your contract base
- Plus access via email as needed in between calls
- Tools, and templates and other resources as needed to make it happen
- (Investment $2,000/month x 3 or $5,000 in full)
If you want to have chat before you claim a spot! Let's us know here at Ask Felicia Streeter.
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR THOSE READY TO SECURE THEIR SPOT:
Three pay option - $2,000 non-refundable deposit today, plus 2-monthly payments of $2,000 / 30-days apart Click this link - I Want Your Private Help!
Full payment option - non-refundable: $5,000 Click this link - Let's Do This!
Contractor’s Edge Bootcamp sold out almost 3 weeks before registration was due to close. Don’t be like many that were waiting until the 1st of the month. They missed out.
I don’t want that to be you if you want one of the spots still available.
I Can’t Wait To Get Started!
It’s time to LEVEL UP or go home!